Account Manager, South Germany
PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL), is an award winning workplace, we value our people and their contributions through recognition programs, competitive pay, community involvement, and opportunities to grow professionally and personally. We have a proven track record of promoting from within by providing professional development opportunities. We are a 3.4 billion-dollar world class global provider of polymer solutions with our materials used in products ranging from the colors in sports equipment to the polymers in the latest automobiles. With more than 7,600 global associates and 80+ facilities around the world, we outperform our competitors with our innovative products and services.
If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, team environment and collaborate with top, innovative talent, then PolyOne is the ideal company for you to build a career.
Our SEM activity is looking to reinforce its team with an:
Account Manager, South Germany
This is a great opportunity for someone with a polymer technical background wishing to develop a learning curve into a customer facing role. You will be developed in providing a tailor made approach to our customers.
Location: home based in Bayern area (with multiple travels - up to 75%)
• Maintain and develop sales. Spearhead sales initiatives including the development of account plans for the top existing accounts and the development of new accounts (prospects).
• Conduct regular customer visits, make regular sales calls, and interface with customer representatives at industry events, conferences, and trade shows, etc. (up to 75% of travel required).
• Address customer inquiries, providing immediate answers and a superior level of responsiveness in all aspects. This includes the willingness and eagerness of the job holder to learn and master technical questions.
• Monitor and assess market trends (including competitors) and help the Commercial Director to project the company’s forward position based on trends and product position.
• Assess product-market fit of portfolio and contribute to the optimization and management of marketing mix of GLS offerings.
• Ensure day to day and tactical sales programs are implemented, as well as product pricing.
• Focus on further profitable growth: personal commitment for sales and marketing projects and for development projects
• Actively participate in trade shows and in their preparation.
• Manage the budgeting/forecasting of sales for customer accounts on an annual basis, including the monitoring of budget targets. Identify target deviations and recommend/initiate countermeasures.
• Maintain regular reports: visit reports, CRM records, monthly overviews, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, Chemistry, or polymer-science related degree.
• 3+ years of relevant sales, technical and/or marketing experience with demonstrated success in sales development
• Languages: German and English fluent
• Technical skills associated with polymer resins, processing, and performance characteristics
• Strong business acumen to help identify opportunities, assemble creative sales programs and demonstrate competitive advantage
• Well-developed interpersonal, communication & negotiation skills
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills & effective time management
• Ability to apply complex analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Experience and familiarity with thermoplastic elastomers or specialty engineered materials industry
• Software Skills: Microsoft Office, CRM Tools like SalesForce.com
19, route de Bastogne
00352 26 90 50 27
Halle B5 – B5-5316